SEATTLE METRO, WA
Supervise the development and implementation of manufacturing processes to maintain proper product functionality as well as cost efficiency. Ensures the engineering team supports the manufacturing departments and is responsible for the development of equipment and processes to aid in manufacturing. Leads and directs the work of assigned manufacturing engineers, programmers, and planners. Manage personnel and workflow in the engineering department.
Range $90,000 - $125,000
• Provide high level engineering expertise for DTC and DFM customer initiatives.
• Support contract and customer service to meet customer needs related to engineering, mindful of intellectual property and ITAR restrictions.
• Lead and support the development of lean manufacturing cells and SMED using effective systems and simulation tools to optimize, use of space, equipment, material and personnel.
• Work closely with QA and maintenance personnel to prevent problems with products and tooling/fixtures.
• Deploy new manufacturing technologies and equipment in order to manufacture and reduce cost through efficiencies.
• Support all current and new product introductions through first delivery and ongoing programs for efficiency improvements.
• Participate as needed in RMA/DMR processes to determine and eliminate root causes and diminish occurrences in the manufacturing process.
• Ensure that all manufacturing product specifications and processes are developed to support production needs.
• Reduce cost through re-engineering product/material as allowed by customer specifications and requirements.
• Review all quotes to confirm hours and methods and participate in job planning with estimators as needed.
• Develop, coordinate, consult and implement manufacturing processes. Consult with estimating on engineering related issues.
• Manage and supervise experienced team of professionals (8).
• 7-10 years progressive experience in Manufacturing Engineering.
• Extensive manufacturing engineering experience including CNC programming.
o Experienced in engineering software programs; advanced understanding of Espirit and Solidworks; office computer software and an aptitude for mechanical engineering and N/C machining.
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related field, mechanical engineering preferred.
• Job planning, estimating and tooling experience in manufacturing environment.
o Knowledge and understanding of methods and procedures required to design and implement efficient manufacturing systems and processes.
• Knowledge of machine tools and manufacturing processes.
• Advanced skills with MS Word and Excel; Strong CAD proficiency.
• Epicor Vista Software knowledge (preferred).
• Proven track record of reducing costs through processes and efficiencies.
• Experience in tool design and modifications.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• Hands-on, team oriented and committed to business improvement processes.
• Process-oriented mentality with strong problem solving capabilities.
• Strong knowledge in writing product specifications.
• Strong project management skills.
• Risk assessment capability of product, processes and suppliers.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities.
If interested, TEXT 206-379-6386 and tell us you are interested in job 12710