SEATTLE METRO, WA
Primary Purpose of this Position:
Weld steel parts for structural, plate, and misc. steel assemblies per shop drawings and AWS quality requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
• Identify steel shapes, sizes, and mill tolerances.
• Preheat and/or cut work pieces using a hand torch when required. Clean welds of excess weld, splatter or slag using chipping hammers, wire brushes or grinders.
• Fabricate sub-pieces of the overall assembly as trained and instructed.
• Identify shop drawing errors and discrepancies before or during early stages of fabrication.
• Operate forklifts, jib cranes, and overhead cranes in order to move materials.
• Consistently and reliably works scheduled hours at assigned locations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to read, write, and perform higher arithmetic computations involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers, decimals and fractions.
• Ability to understand and carry out semi-complicated verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and managers.
• Ability to work under periodic supervision focused on the progress of work and setting priorities for job completion.
• Skill in using tape measure or 1" rule.
• Ability to pass the fillet weld break test using the gas metal arc welding process.
• Ability to interpret, understand, and utilize cutting lists, shop orders, and shop drawings.
• Ability to operate a cutting torch to meet American Welding Society specifications.
• Ability to possess pride in own workmanship, demonstrate attention to detail, and work safely.
• Ability to operate forklifts, jib hoists, and overhead cranes in a safe and proper manner. Use and understand industry hand signals used for crane operations.
• Ability to multitask.
Square, Tape Measure, Weld Lead, 4 inch grinder, 9 inch grinder, Ball Peen Hammer ,Sledge Hammer, Hand Torch, Wire Brushes, Chipping Hammers, Clamps, Stamping Taps, and Chains.
Welder, Overhead Crane, Jib Crane, Pallets, Saw Horses, and Forklifts.
Experience and Education Required:
• High School degree or equivalent.
• Minimum of 2-3 Years of experience working as a welder for a steel fabricator or manufacturer, or a one-year degree or certificate in welding technology from a qualified trade school or college.
• Welding for a steel fabricator or manufacturer: 2 years
• High school or equivalent
If interested, TEXT 206-379-6386 and tell us you are interested in job 12703