SEATTLE, WA 98101
Currently looking for a Seattle based Lead Carpenter to fill an opening with one of the area’s premier Green Build contracting firms. Interested candidates should have 3+ years of carpentry experience and should be familiar but not an expert in concepts of "green building"
Compensation and Benefits for the Lead Carpenter
Salary: $28.00-$30.00 per hour plus benefits, and a family friendly organization.
Medical insurance for the employed among other benefits.
Responsibilities of the Lead Carpenter
• Perform general carpentry work involved in the layout, measurement, construction, maintenance, and erection of wooden structures and structures made from materials used the same as wood.
• Work with various machines and hand tools common to the carpentry trade
• Prepare work from sketches, plans, and specifications in accordance with the building code or accepted trade practices.
• Take the lead over and give assignments to one or more carpenters.
• Provide technical advice or assistance to journey level carpenters engaged in the performance of a variety of carpentry tasks.
• Perform all other carpentry duties as needed.
• 3+ years of carpentry experience
• Should be familiar but not an expert in concepts of "green building"
• A commitment to safety - personally and for co-workers
• Ability to communicate well with team members and clients
• Reliable personal transportation
• Personal cleanliness, authentic character, and a positive attitude
• Washington State driver's license and clean driving record
• Ability to pass a background check
• 100% tobacco and drug-free job sites
• Ability to lift and carry 80+ lbs
• Standard carpentry hand and power tools
If interested, TEXT 206-379-6386 and tell us you are interested in job 10780