SEATTLE METRO, WA
Our client is has grown to be one of the largest specialty steel fabricators on the West Coast, and is primarily engaged in heavy steel fabrication, machinery manufacturing, and design build of complex projects. Specialty in large or complex fabrications or value added fabrication. In addition, Jesse Co. has in-house machining, painting, and assembly (mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical) capabilities. Shift open 6:00am – 3:00pm Pay Range $23.00 - $30.00 DEO
Primary Purpose of this Position:
Weld steel parts for structural, plate, and misc. steel assemblies per shop drawings and DWS quality requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
• Weld together structural, plate or miscellaneous steel fabrication according to the weld symbols, weld procedures, dimensions shown on the shop drawings, and AISC code requirements.
• Preheat and/or cut work pieces using a hand torch when required. Clean welds of excess weld, splatter or slag using chipping hammers, wire brushes or grinders.
• Operate forklifts, jib cranes, and overhead cranes in order to move materials.
• Consistently and reliably works scheduled hours at assigned locations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to understand and carry out semi-complicated verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and managers.
• Ability to work under periodic supervision focused on the progress of work and setting priorities for job completion.
• Ability to maintain American Welding Society certification on 1-inch plate in flat position using the gas metal arc welding and flux cored arc welding processes.
• Ability to pass the fillet weld break test using the gas metal arc welding process.
• Ability to pass an administered basic welding test that covers shop drawing interpretation, weld symbols, welding processes, weld process symbol interpretation and application and a visual acuity test.
• Ability to possess pride in own workmanship, demonstrate attention to detail, and work safely.
• Ability to make adjustments to welder to insure proper feed rate and temperature.
Square, Tape Measure, Weld Lead, 4 inch grinder, 9 inch grinder, Ball Peen Hammer ,Sledge Hammer, Hand Torch, Wire Brushes, Chipping Hammers, Clamps, Stamping Taps, and Chains.
Welder, Overhead Crane, Jib Crane, Pallets, Saw Horses, and Forklifts.
Experience and Education Required:
• High School degree or equivalent.
• Minimum of 2-3 Years of experience working as a welder for a steel fabricator or manufacturer, or a one-year degree or certificate in welding technology from a qualified trade school or college.
• Welding for a steel fabricator or manufacturer: 2 years
If interested, TEXT 206-379-6386 and tell us you are interested in job 12706