SEATTLE METRO, WA
Welder – Fabricator
Overview: designing, cutting and shaping metal, involved in the creation of new structured objects. This position is generally part of a team working with other highly skilled welding fabricator (3+ years of fabrication welding experience). This individual must be able to perform with minimal supervision.
This position requires an experienced Welder-Fabricator who enjoys working with their hands and has an analytical mind. They can physically meet the demands of the job and have an eye for detail. In addition to these traits, we are looking for applicants with the following abilities:
Duties and Responsibilities
• Cuts and/or joins metal parts in order to fabricate or repair equipment using tools such as plasma cutter, MIG welder, arc welder, oxyacetylene torch, chop saw, grinder, drill press, clamps, and hand and power tools.
• Designs and fabricates parts and equipment to meet unusual or special needs of the product, using manufacturers' specifications, measuring devices, calculator, drawings and service requests.
• Moves material or supplies to directed locations in order to expedite repair work or modifications, using forklifts and/ or cranes.
• Installs manufactured test parts and equipment to test durability and safety.
• Read and interpret technical engineering assembly and fabrication drawings.
• Follow detailed oral and written instructions in the fabrication or repair of requested equipment.
• Can visualize an idea and develop a working model to fabricate custom or special products.
• 3+ years of manufacturing welding and fabrication.
• Knowledge of the characteristics and properties of various metals used in the cutting, forming and welding of objects.
• Ability to calculate mathematical problems involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, division on a calculator to determine weights, measurements, time and quantities.
• Ability to lead and interpret technical engineering assembly and fabrication drawings.
• Reliable transportation, 4 \ 10 work shifts Mon. – Thursday.
Pay Range: $22.00 - $25.00
If interested, TEXT 206-379-6386 and tell us you are interested in job 12705